Blydenburgh Farm and New Mill

Blydenburgh Farm and New Mill Historic District

Park Phone: (631) 854-3713
Tour and Event Information: (631) 360-0753 (Long Island Greenbelt Trail)

Directions: Take Route 347 to Brooksite Drive (just east of Veteran's Memorial Highway). Head north on Brooksite Drive and make a left turn onto New Mill Road. Follow New Mill Road to park entrance at the end.

The Blydenburgh Historic District located on the north side of Blydenburgh County Park includes the 1798 New Mill, the 1802 Miller's House, the circa 1860 Farm Cottage, outbuildings and the circa 1820 Blydenburgh Farmhouse. This milling center was established in 1798 by members of the Smith & Blydenburgh families of Smithtown.

Owned by Suffolk County, protected by its dedication to the Suffolk County Historic Trust, and sanctioned by its listing on the National Register of Historic Places in Washington D.C., the Blydenburgh Park Historic District promises to deliver educational and cultural benefits to Suffolk County citizens and visitors for decades. It illustrates much of the farm-to-mill-to-market cycle of the pre-industrial American economy, representing the only group of indigenous farm and mill buildings in close proximity to each other in public hands on all of Long Island.

Guided tours of the Historic Trust Area are offered by the LI Greenbelt Trail Conference at 1:00 pm on Saturdays. For more information, call (631) 360-0753.

Contact Us

Address:
P.O. Box 144
West Sayville, NY 11796

Email:
scparks@suffolkcountyny.gov

Phone:
(631) 854-4949

Fax:
(631) 854-4969

Connect
Facebook logo Twitter logo