Your experience in the Armed Forces has given you the ability to handle difficult tasks under enormous pressure, the ability to manage groups of people handling a variety of assignments, experience at managing a budget – or any of thousands of different skills that our work force wants and needs. Suffolk County Government, through the Veterans Service Agency, Department of Labor or Department of Civil Service, can work with you to find a job or career that suits you best. Below are helpful employment opportunities links.
The Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA)
Suffolk County Civil Service
Suffolk County Department of Labor's Helpful Links for Veterans
U.S. Department of Labor - Veterans' Employment and Training Service
The Federal Government's Offical Job Site - USAJOBS
Domino's U.S. Veterans Franchise Program
Drexel Hamilton, LLC
- Drexel Hamilton, LLC is a full-service institutional broker-dealer founded on the principle of offering meaningful employment opportunities to disabled veterans desiring a career in financial services.
- Provides education, transition assistance, and job opportunities for military veterans.
Hire a Hero
- Hire a Hero is a job board & community, helping thousands of veterans connect to employers
Helmets to Hardhats
- Help military, reservists & guardsmen transition from active duty to a career in the construction industry.
- Provide the military community with a trusted professional network, which pairs members with employers who are serious about building a diverse workforce to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse customer base. Military 2 Career makes your job search as productive as possible, because the employers who post on our site are specifically seeking to hire aspiring Veteran employees.
Troopers to Teachers
- Troops to Teachers is a U.S. Department of Defense program that helps eligible military personnel begin a new career as teachers in public schools where their skills, knowledge and experience are most needed.
- VetsBuild will provide the following at no cost to the veteran: Career counseling, job training, & job placement assistance. Preparation for Green Industry job opportunities in Green Energy Construction & Home Energy Remodeling. Training at an E3 (Energy Efficiency Education) Career Training Center. Help you learn to construct green homes using green construction techniques which will help provide safe, affordable, environmentally friendly homes for low to moderate income families. Prepare you for job opportunities as Weatherization Installers.
- For more information contact : Tim Scherer at (631) 665-1571 or Tim@UVBH.com
The Veterans Business Outreach Program
- The Veteran's Business Outreach Program (VBOP), initiated by the U. S. Small Business Administration's Office of Veteran's Business Development, is a program designed to enable men and women who have served in the Armed Forces to take full advantage of the opportunities presented by owning and operating their own business.
- VetJobs makes it easy to reach transitioning military, National Guard, Reserve Component Members and veterans that have separated over the last several decades and are now productive members of the civilian work force in all disciplines, and their family members.
Avvo's Legal Career Center