Your experience in the Armed Forces has given you the ability to handle difficult tasks under enormous pressure, the ability to manage groups of people handling a variety of assignments, experience at managing a budget – or any of thousands of different skills that our work force wants and needs. Suffolk County Government, through the Veterans Service Agency, Department of Labor or Department of Civil Service, can work with you to find a job or career that suits you best. Below are helpful employment opportunities links.
The Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA)
Suffolk County Civil Service
Suffolk County Department of Labor's Helpful Links for Veterans
U.S. Department of Labor - Veterans' Employment and Training Service
The Federal Government's Offical Job Site - USAJOBS
Domino's U.S. Veterans Franchise Program
Drexel Hamilton, LLC
- Drexel Hamilton, LLC is a full-service institutional broker-dealer founded on the principle of offering meaningful employment opportunities to disabled veterans desiring a career in financial services.
- Provides education, transition assistance, and job opportunities for military veterans.
Hire a Hero
- Hire a Hero is a job board & community, helping thousands of veterans connect to employers
Helmets to Hardhats
- Help military, reservists & guardsmen transition from active duty to a career in the construction industry.
- Provide the military community with a trusted professional network, which pairs members with employers who are serious about building a diverse workforce to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse customer base. Military 2 Career makes your job search as productive as possible, because the employers who post on our site are specifically seeking to hire aspiring Veteran employees.
Troopers to Teachers
- Troops to Teachers is a U.S. Department of Defense program that helps eligible military personnel begin a new career as teachers in public schools where their skills, knowledge and experience are most needed.
- VetsBuild will provide the following at no cost to the veteran: Career counseling, job training, & job placement assistance. Preparation for Green Industry job opportunities in Green Energy Construction & Home Energy Remodeling. Training at an E3 (Energy Efficiency Education) Career Training Center. Help you learn to construct green homes using green construction techniques which will help provide safe, affordable, environmentally friendly homes for low to moderate income families. Prepare you for job opportunities as Weatherization Installers.
- For more information contact : Tim Scherer at (631) 665-1571 or Tim@UVBH.com
The Veterans Business Outreach Program
- The Veteran's Business Outreach Program (VBOP), initiated by the U. S. Small Business Administration's Office of Veteran's Business Development, is a program designed to enable men and women who have served in the Armed Forces to take full advantage of the opportunities presented by owning and operating their own business.
- VetJobs makes it easy to reach transitioning military, National Guard, Reserve Component Members and veterans that have separated over the last several decades and are now productive members of the civilian work force in all disciplines, and their family members.
Avvo's Legal Career Center
DRIVER WANTED: USA MILITARY VETERAN PREFERED.
MATURE; NON SMOKER, NON USER, NON DRINKER WITH CLEAN LICENSCES FOR 10 HOUR DAILY ROUTE. SERVICING AND DELIVERING AUTOMOTIVE RELATED RENTAL EQUIPMENT THROUGH OUT THE NORTHEAST FOR A GROWING 25 YEAR OLD FIRM.
CANIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO LOAD EQUIPMENT IN EXCESS OF 150 POUNDS; CANIDATE MUST BE DETAILED ORRIENTED AND BE ABLE AND WILLING TO LEARN BASIC AUTOMOTIVE DC WIRING.
GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS ESSENTIAL . HOURLY COMPENSATION AS WELL AS COMISSIONS ON SALES.
START TIME 4-5 AM, BASED IN EASTERN SUFFOLK AND FINISH AT SAME LOCATION.
Owner / Customer Relationships
Powerhouse Industries Inc.
Product remanfacturing Centers: PRC.pdf
Underground Manhole Electrical Inspector.pdf
DRIVERS (TRUCK) Must have 5 Yrs Exp. 4 Day Work Week: Mon-Thurs.
Sal. $700/wk. 401K. 100% Med
& Dent Bnfts & Uniform. All Trucks Brand New Automatics. CallAhead is accepting all licenses. Clean lic. reqd. Apply M-F, 9-7 pm. 304 Crossbay Blvd., Broad Channel Qns, NY.
CHARTER BUS DRIVERS
We're Growing Fast seeking
EXP'D P/T & F/T DRIVERS
Must have AT LEAST 1 yr of
exp driving 45 feet MCI, Prevost,
or Vanhools Exp can be over
the road or locally.
MUST APPLY IN PERSON
WHEN: M,T,W & Th 7a-3p
WHERE: 33 2nd Avenue,
Brooklyn, NY 11215
(Betw 6th & 7th st)
Please be sure to bring all
(Can't be older than 2 wks)
*SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
*PASSPORT (OR OTHER
SECONDARY FORM OF ID)
Must know the 5 boroughs of
New York City. Must not have
more than 2 pts and/or an
accident on your driving record.
WANTED: DRIVER MANAGER,
FOOD DISTRIBUTION Co.
Prev Mgt exp at trucking or
distribution Co. CDL & DOT safety knowl Strong Comm. Skills Routing
& Dispatching Exp. Competitive
salary. Send resumes to:
IMMED SECURITY POSITIONS
$8 & $9ph+ Benefits.
Must come in MonxFri, 9x5pm Bring
8hr pre, S.S.Card, DMV ID, 5yr hist
GED/HS. Defender Security 97-29
64th Rd, 2nd Fl., Rego Pk, NY 11374
AUTO BODY COLLISON PAINTER
Must have at least 10 yrs exp.
Must have spray gun. M-F 8am-5pm
GO BUSES, CITYSIGHTS & GRAY LINE
Wed 6/18, 11am-7pm
777 8th Avenue in the visitor center
(betw 47th & 48th St.) in Manhattan
Now Hiring Full Time…
SALES ASSOCIATES &TICKET AGENTS!
BOOKKEEPER: F/C, F/T Brooklyn , Bay Ridge area. Near trans. Full
benefits & pension. Computer knowledge nec. Fax 1-212-867-7447.
Experienced in Fabrication/Glazing
And Window Installation. Helpers
also needed, must have carpentry
experience. Call 516-377-8545