Suffolk County reported the following information related to COVID-19 on April 7, 2022. Last updated April 6, 2022
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- 1,215,654 people have received at least one vaccine dose, an increase of 132.
- 1,104,840 people are fully vaccinated, an increase of 271.
- 75.4% percent of the total population is fully vaccinated.
- 79.7% of the population ages 5 and older is fully vaccinated.
- 95.0% of the population ages 18 and older has received at least one dose. (The percent of the population coverage metrics are capped at 95%.)
- 86.4% of the population ages 18 and older is fully vaccinated.
- 49.2% of the population ages 18 and older have had a booster dose.
- Demographics can be found on the NYSDOH vaccine tracker.
- Vaccination rates by zip code.
- Walk-in vaccination clinics are offering COVID vaccines to Suffolk County residents who are eligible. Appointments are recommended. Medical practitioners and EMS are on-site at all times to answer questions and tend to concerns. Click here for locations and times and parental consent forms. Answers to your vaccine questions can be found on this page, as well.
- If you are confined to your home and wish to receive your COVID-19 vaccination, call 311. We will take your name and you will be called to schedule your free vaccination at home.
COVID-19 Case Tracker- April 6, 2022
- 9,066 COVID-19 tests were administered.
- 7,330,089 total tests have been administered since March 2020.
- 328 new cases were reported.
- 22.1 cases per 100k; 12.9 on a 7-day average.
- 427,155 total cases have been reported since March 2020.
- 2.8% tested positive in Suffolk County; 2.9% positive on a 7-day average.
- 3.7% tested positive on Long Island; 3.5% positive on a 7-day average.
- COVID-19 LOCAL CASE TRACKER https://gisapps.suffolkcountyny.gov/covid19dashboards/
Fatalities, Suffolk County, April 6, 2022
Daily Hospitalization Summary, Suffolk County, April 6, 2022
- 58 individuals were hospitalized, an increase of 5, in 24 hours.
- 9 were new admissions.
- 5 patients were in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), no change, in 24 hours.
- 3 patients were in the ICU and intubated.
- 11 were discharged since the last report.
- 23,667 have been discharged since March 22, 2020.
Hospital Capacity, Suffolk County
- 2,765 staffed hospital beds; 840 available, 30%
- 374 ICU beds, 142 available, 38%
New York State Links
NYSDOH Pediatric Reports
CDC COVID Data Tracker
Rates of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 hospitalizations by vaccination status
Monoclonal Antibody Therapeutics Treatment Locations
COVID-19 Local Guidance
Report unsafe business practices, here.