Suffolk County reported the following information related to COVID-19 on May 14, 2020:
- 124,052 COVID-19 tests have been administered, an addition of 2.950 tests
- 30.3 percent of those tested were confirmed positive for COVID-19
- 57,936 total tested for antibodies
- 37,544 total
- 239 new cases
Tested Positive for Antibodies
- 7,160 individuals not previously tested for COVID-19 have tested positive for antibodies
- 415 new cases
Hospitalization, May 12
- 575 individuals were hospitalized, a decrease of 10
- 183 patients were in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), a decrease of 31
- 28 New admissions.
- 39 discharged
- 4,362 total discharged since March 22
- 1,697 individuals have died
- 17 new deaths decline in deaths
- 2,969 Total Hospital Beds; 939 available
31% beds available. **Meets state reopening requirement for more than 30%
- 574 ICU beds; 193 available
34% available. **Meets state reopening requirement for more than 30%
**Suffolk County COVID-19 Reopening Parameters
Regional Monitoring Dashboard Showing How Many Metrics Each Region Has Met to Reopen: Includes description of reopening metrics.
* This number of persons who tested positive as reported by New York State's COVID-19 Tracker. The test results data comes from a NYSDOH database that contains reported results from all the labs testing samples from New York State residents. NYS fatality data are reported by hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care facilities on a daily basis to the NYSDOH.