Suffolk County reported the following information related to COVID-19 on April 18, 2023
COVID-19 Case Tracker – April 18, 2023
- COVID-19 Community Level for Suffolk County is currently LOW.
- 2,205 COVID-19 PCR tests were received.
- 61 new first-time cases were reported.*
- 4.1 cases per 100k; 3.0 on a 7-day average (includes reported PCR and antigen tests)
- 572,291 unique cases have been reported since March 2020.
- 1.9% tested positive in Suffolk County; 1.6% positive on a 7-day average.
- 1.4 reinfection rate per 100,000 on Long Island, as reported April 18, 2023
* As of 4/4/22, HHS no longer requires entities conducting COVID testing to report negative or indeterminate antigen test results. This may impact the number and interpretation of total test results reported to the state and also impacts calculation of test percent positivity. Because of this, as of 4/5/22, test percent positivity is calculated using PCR tests only. Reporting of total new daily cases (positive results) and cases per 100k will continue to include PCR and antigen tests.
Fatalities (Data as of 4/18/23) - 4,984 fatalities since March 2020. An increase of 0 since last report.
HOSPITALS ARE NO LONGER REPORTING DATA TO NYSDOH ON WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS.
Hospitalization Summary for Suffolk County – From April 18, 2023
- 56 individuals were hospitalized
- 39% were hospitalized due to COVID-19 or complications of COVID-19.
- 9 were new admissions since the last report.
- 14 were discharged since the last report.
- 6 patients were in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- 1 patients were in the ICU and intubated.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Last updated 4/14/23
- 1,165,389 people are fully vaccinated
- 78.9% of the total population is fully vaccinated.
- 15.7% of population 5+ years has received an updated (Bivalent) Booster Dose
- Vaccination rates by zip code.
Suffolk County is offering COVID vaccines and boosters to Suffolk County residents 6 months and older who are eligible. Click here for locations and times. Parental consent forms can be found here.
Medical practitioners and EMS are on-site at all times to answer questions and tend to concerns.
- If you are confined to your home and wish to receive your COVID-19 vaccination, call 311. We will take your name and you will be called to schedule your free vaccination at home.
For Healthcare Providers
New York State Links
Children and COVID-19
CDC COVID Data Tracker
Rates of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 hospitalizations by vaccination status
For additional information or explanation of data, click on the links provided in throughout this page.