Suffolk County reported the following information related to COVID-19 on April 2, 2022. Last updated April 1, 2022
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
· 1214,848 people have received at least one vaccine dose, an increase of 269.
· 1,103,813 people are fully vaccinated, an increase of 301.
· 75.3% percent of the total population is fully vaccinated.
· 79.6% of the population ages 5 and older is fully vaccinated.
· 95.0% of the population ages 18 and older has received at least one dose. (The percent of the population coverage metrics are capped at 95%.)
· 86.3% of the population ages 18 and older is fully vaccinated.
· 49.1% of the population ages 18 and older have had a booster dose.
· Demographics can be found on the NYSDOH vaccine tracker.
· Vaccination rates by zip code.
· Walk-in vaccination clinics are offering COVID vaccines to Suffolk County residents who are eligible. Appointments are recommended. Medical practitioners and EMS are on-site at all times to answer questions and tend to concerns. Click here for locations and times and parental consent forms. Answers to your vaccine questions can be found on this page, as well.
· If you are confined to your home and wish to receive your COVID-19 vaccination, call 311. We will take your name and you will be called to schedule your free vaccination at home.
COVID-19 Case Tracker- April 1, 2022
· 7,083 COVID-19 tests were administered.
· 7,299,599 total tests have been administered since March 2020.
· 249 new cases were reported.
· 16.8 cases per 100k; 10.8 on a 7-day average.
· 426,256 total cases have been reported since March 2020.
· 3.5% tested positive in Suffolk County; 2.5% positive on a 7-day average.
· 3.7% tested positive on Long Island; 3.0% positive on a 7-day average.
· COVID-19 LOCAL CASE TRACKER https://gisapps.suffolkcountyny.gov/covid19dashboards/
Fatalities, Suffolk County, April 1, 2022
· 0 fatalities
· 4,364 fatalities since March 2020
Daily Hospitalization Summary, Suffolk County, April 1, 2022
· 54 individuals were hospitalized, a decrease of 3, in 24 hours.
· 10 were new admissions.
· 6 patients were in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), no change, in 24 hours.
· 6 patients were in the ICU and intubated.
· 12 were discharged since the last report.
· 23,608 have been discharged since March 22, 2020.
Hospital Capacity, Suffolk County
· 2,768 staffed hospital beds; 917 available, 33%
· 374 ICU beds, 121 available, 32 %
New York State Links
· COVID-19 Reinfection Data
· New York State’s Approach to Isolation and Quarantine
· New York State COVID-19 Breakthrough Data Report
· COVID-19 Test Site Finder: Get Information on Coronavirus Testing Near You.
· COVID-19 School Report Card
NYSDOH Pediatric Reports
· Pediatric COVID-19 update: January 7, 2022
· Pediatric COVID-19 update: January 14, 2022
· Pediatric COVID-19 update: January 21, 2022
CDC COVID Data Tracker
Rates of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 hospitalizations by vaccination status
Monoclonal Antibody Therapeutics Treatment Locations
COVID-19 Local Guidance
Guidance for Schools and Isolation and Quarantine
COVID-19 Vaccine Guidance for Primary Care Providers, Pharmacies, and Nursing Homes
Frequently Asked Questions: Proof of Full Vaccination or Mask Requirement for Businesses and Venues
Report unsafe business practices, here.