It is the mission of Central Pharmacy, under the administrative guidance of the Public Health Department, to promote health and improve wellness through various programs and preparedness initiatives throughout the county. The pharmacy strives to achieve this mission by completing the following objectives:
- Procures and redistributes COVID-19 vaccines to providers, nursing homes and pharmacies through its Pharmacy-to-Practice program;
- Facilitates reallocation of COVID-19 test kits to local schools;
- Furnishes policies and procedures for medications, biologicals and devices in all County-related programs and satellite clinics, including the Immunization Action Program and Mental Health and Hygiene;
- Provides guidelines for the handling of expired, recalled and/or out-of-use items, including medication labeling, patient counseling and drug information in the medical record;
- Supervises, audits, and inspects all Jail Medical Unit pharmacies;
- Supplies medications for methadone clinics and smoking cessation programs throughout the County;
- Maintains supply of medications and contingency plans for rapid disbursement of treatments during emergencies.