The Suffolk County Department of Parks has the following Parks still available to operate a Mobile Food/Beverage Concession for the 2019 season at one or more of the following Parks:
Raynor Beach County Park, Ronkonkoma
Blydenburgh/Paul T. Given County Parks, Hauppauge
Sears Bellows County Park, Hampton Bays
West Hills County Park, Huntington
Lake Ronkonkoma County Park, Ronkonkoma
Proposers are advised that this is for a mobile concession—it is not the Department’s intent to allow concessionaires to park at the site for an entire day nor are concessionaires permitted to park on the side of roadways. The mobile concession’s primary focus is serving park patrons. There may be an alternate Suffolk County Park not listed above for which you would like to provide service. Add the Park’s name in the blank space on the permit bid form. The Department will consider your proposed site and advise you whether or not the County approves of adding a mobile food/beverage concession to the proposed park.
The requirements to obtain a Permit for a Mobile Food/Beverage Concession are:
- The Permit Holder must obtain and show proof of the Food Vending Vehicle Permit provided by the Suffolk County Health Department (unless all foods/drinks sold are pre-packaged).
- Food preparation, transportation and handling must adhere to Suffolk County Department of Health rules and regulations.
- Proof of County specified insurance coverage as outlined in Permit Agreement.
- Permit fees to be paid by the selected Vendor upon execution of the Agreement.
- Completion of County Mandated Forms
One Permit will be awarded for each park to the highest bidder with the proper credentials and product offerings to operate a Mobile Food/Beverage Concession. Proposers must provide a phone number at which they can be immediately reached upon award of permit. All requirements must be provided to the Department immediately upon notification of award. If this is not done, the Department will move on to the next bidder. Determining what products should be offered at what sites is at the sole discretion of the Department. A sample of a Food /Beverage Permit can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
Click Here for Bid Form
Click Here for Sample Agreement
If you have any questions, please contact Cara at: Cara.Petri@suffolkcountyny.gov or at (631) 854-4918