Based upon Governor Cuomo's Executive Order 205, issued June 25, 2020, mandated that all travelers entering New York from a state with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents, or higher than a 10% test positivity rate, over a seven day rolling average, will be required to quarantine for a period of 14 days consistent with Department of Health regulations for quarantine. Currently, the states meeting the criteria set forth in the Executive Order are listed HERE.
Overall Parks Status:
- Suffolk County Parks are OPEN.
- Parks with restroom facilities have at least one facility OPEN for public use.
- All Park offices will be open for in person Green Key and Permit Purchases. Hours may vary by park. List of Park Offices available HERE.
- Smith Point East Booth - Open 7 Days per week 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM
- West Sayville - Open Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- **Contactless Permitting - Please email a picture of your Driver's License, Registration and Green Key (if you have one) to SCParks@suffolkcountyny.gov. Please allow 4 to 7 days for processing.
For more details see FAQ's page HERE.
- Archery Hunting Permits Now Available Online HERE
- Playgrounds are CLOSED due to COVID-19.
- Picnics are permitted with submitted application and approved COVID-19 plan. Click HERE for Group Permit Application.
- Dog Parks are OPEN.
- Tennis Courts are OPEN.
- All players must practice Social Distancing and follow guidelines while playing. Click HERE for COVID-19 Recommended Precautions While Playing Tennis.
- Beaches are open for visitors. Swimming prohibited.
- Visitors must wear face coverings when in public areas (ex. on boardwalk and in and around bathrooms)
- Click Here for New York State Guidelines that need to be followed as well when visiting Suffolk County Parks.
- Outer Beach Access for day trippers is 7:00 AM – DUSK and 24/7 for those actively fishing.
- Please see individual Outer Beaches for updates as some access to beaches may vary due to tides. Click HERE to View Outer Beach Conditions.
- Campgrounds are OPEN.
- Reservations required for all campgrounds. No Walk-up reservations at this time.
- Campsite availability and campground statuses can be found online HERE.
- While campgrounds are open there will be additional precautions taken, visit our camping page HERE for more information.
Golf Courses Status:
- All Golf Courses are OPEN
- Reservations are required. Please visit our online reservation webpage HERE to View availability and Book Tee Times .
- Courses are following NYS guidelines which include staggered tee times. Double cart riders MUST wear face coverings while driving/sitting in the cart.
- Visit each course website for more information. Click HERE for more information.
- Marinas are OPEN.
- Marina Season shifted due to COVID-19 April 25 – November 28th
- Boat Ramps are OPEN
IMPORTANT: All dates and statuses are subject to change.
Due to the high call volume and limited staffing please email us at SCParks@suffolkcountyny.gov with any questions or concerns.
Stay Safe Suffolk!
Follow our Facebook page for updates.
NOVEL CORONAVIRUS _ COVID-19 MESSAGE
Click Here for Current Beach Conditions
GIVE THE GIFT OF PARKS! Gift Cards Available Online, by phone at Parks Administration Office (631) 854-4949 or at your local park office.