On June 24th, Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order No. 205 which mandated that all travelers entering New York from a state with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents, or higher than a 10% test positivity rate, over a seven day rolling average, will be required to quarantine for a period of 14 days consistent with Department of Health regulations for quarantine. Currently, the states meeting the criteria set forth in the Executive Order are Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Utah. Those with park reservations from states meeting this criteria will be cancelled. Updated New York State travel advisory information can be found HERE. NEW
Overall Parks Status:
- Suffolk County Parks are open for visitors.
- Park areas that do not provide social distancing opportunities are closed. (Example: Picnic Areas and Playgrounds).
- Dog Parks are Open.
- All Park offices will be open for in person Green Key and Permit Purchases. Hours may vary by park. List of Park Offices available HERE. NEW
- Smith Point East Booth - Open 7 Days per week 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM NEW
- **Contactless Permitting - Please email a picture of your Driver's License, Registration and Green Key (if you have one) to SCparks@suffolkcountyny.gov. Please allow 4 to 7 days for processing. More Details see FAQ's
- Unlimited Parking Permits Now Available Online HERE.
- Lifeguards at Cupsogue, Smith Point and Meschutt Beach (10:00 am – 5:30 pm) – Resident's Only
- Driver's license or Green Key with Suffolk town is sufficient – only 1 resident per car is required.
- Cupsogue, Smith Point and Meschutt Beach bathrooms open with bathroom attendants
- Smith Point and Cupsogue Beaches Open to Suffolk Residents Only
- Toll booths provided with town list
- Beach open 7 am- 7 pm
- Tolls Open 8:30 – 5:00 pm and regular parking rates apply
- Tiki Joes Concession is open at Cupsogue, Smith Point and Meschutt Beach
- Visitors must wear face coverings when in public areas (ex. on boardwalk and in and around bathrooms)
- Click Here for New York State Guidelines that need to be followed as well
- Access for fishing is open 24/7. After 8:00 pm all visitors must be actively fishing See individual Outer Beaches for updates as some beaches may vary due to Piping Plover restrictions on Outer Beach Updates page HERE
Sign up for Camping Updates
- Campgrounds are OPEN.
- No tent camping through June 30th . Self-contained camping units only at this time.
- Tent camping will open July 1st. New Reservations for tent camping will be available June 13th at 7:00 PM for check-in dates July 1st forward.
- Montauk Sites 81-95 are available on reservation system for 2-7 night reservations beginning 6/9 at 7 PM. Please review reservation site for site details and restrictions, including but not limited to:
- Total Vehicle size (truck and camping unit) restrictions to under 33 feet Only.
- No Tow behind camping units permitted (ex. Trailers, Fifth Wheel or Pop-up Camping units)
- Day tripping and night fishing still permitted on Montauk Beach
- While campgrounds are open there will be additional precautions taken, visit our camping page HERE for more information on camping guidelines.
- We are assessing campground status on a daily basis.
- Camping sites that are still available less than 30 days from the reservation begin date no longer have a minimum night requirement.
(Campground Night maximum rules still apply).
- Shinnecock East Campground campsites 85-103 have been temporarily relocated to the bayside sites 85A-103A due to plover activity. All campers with sites booked were emailed. NEW
Suffolk County Golf Courses Update:
- Bergen Point is OPEN
- Indian Island is OPEN
- Timber Point is OPEN
- West Sayville is OPEN
View and Book Tee Times Online (HERE).
Courses are following NYS guidelines which include staggered tee times. Double cart riders MUST wear face coverings while driving/sitting in the cart. Visit each course website for more information.
- Marinas are OPEN. Marina Season shifted due to COVID-19 April 25 – November 28th
- While parks and marinas are open certain facilities and areas within a park that do not allow visitors to maintain social distancing, may be closed. Because of this, all public restrooms, showers and the gas dock are closed until further notice. In addition, please no picnicking or use of park BBQ’s.
- Boat Ramps are OPEN
Tennis Court Status Status:
Tennis Courts are OPEN. All players must practice Social Distancing and follow guidelines while playing. Click Here for COVID-19 Recommended Precautions While Playing Tennis
IMPORTANT: All dates and statuses are subject to change.
Due to the high call volume and limited staffing please email us at SCParks@suffolkcountyny.gov with any questions or concerns.
Stay Safe Suffolk!
Follow our Facebook page for updates.
NOVEL CORONAVIRUS _ COVID-19 MESSAGE
Click Here for Current Beach Conditions
GIVE THE GIFT OF PARKS! Gift Cards Available Online, by phone at Parks Administration Office (631) 854-4949 or at your local park office.