Based upon Governor Cuomo's Executive Order 205, issued June 25, 2020, mandated that all travelers entering New York from a state with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents, or higher than a 10% test positivity rate, over a seven day rolling average, will be required to quarantine for a period of 14 days consistent with Department of Health regulations for quarantine. Currently, the states meeting the criteria set forth in the Executive Order are listed HERE.
Park 2021 Updates:
- 2021 Suffolk County Parks Outer Beach 4x4 Recreational Vehicle Use permit will be available for purchase beginning Monday, January 4, 2021. For locations for purchase, please visit our Outer Beach Access Page HERE.
- 2021 Endangered Species Program Vacancies
Overall Parks Status:
- Suffolk County Parks are OPEN.
- Park offices will be open for in person Green Key and Permit Purchases. Hours may vary by park. List of Park Offices available HERE.
- West Sayville - Open Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- For more details see FAQ's page HERE.
- Picnics are permitted with submitted application and approved COVID-19 plan. Click HERE for Group Permit Application.
- Dog Parks are OPEN.
- Tennis Courts are OPEN.
- All players must practice Social Distancing and follow guidelines while playing. Click HERE for COVID-19 Recommended Precautions While Playing Tennis.
- Beaches are open for visitors. Swimming prohibited.
- Visitors must wear face coverings when in public areas (ex. on boardwalk and in and around bathrooms)
- Click Here for New York State Guidelines that need to be followed as well when visiting Suffolk County Parks.
- Outer Beach Access for day trippers is 7:00 AM – DUSK and 24/7 for those actively fishing.
- Please see individual Outer Beaches for updates as some access to beaches may vary due to tides. Click HERE to View Outer Beach Conditions.
- Campgrounds are OPEN.
- Campsite availability and campground statuses can be found online HERE.
- While campgrounds are open there will be additional precautions taken, visit our camping page HERE for more information.
- Group Camping reservations open March 1st on a first come first served basis through email. To apply for a Group Camping site, groups must fill out a Group Camping Application HERE and email it to SCParks@suffolkcountyny.gov
Golf Courses Status:
- Golf courses are OPEN
- Please visit our online reservation webpage HERE to View availability and Book Tee Times .
- Courses are following NYS guidelines which include staggered tee times. Double cart riders MUST wear face coverings while driving/sitting in the cart.
- Visit each course website for more information. Click HERE for more information.
- Marinas will be open from April 15 - November 12.
IMPORTANT: All dates and statuses are subject to change.
Due to the high call volume and limited staffing please email us at SCParks@suffolkcountyny.gov with any questions or concerns.
Stay Safe Suffolk!
Follow our Facebook page for updates.
NOVEL CORONAVIRUS _ COVID-19 MESSAGE
Click Here for Current Beach Conditions
GIVE THE GIFT OF PARKS! Gift Cards Available Online, by phone at Parks Administration Office (631) 854-4949 or at your local park office.