2019 RACCOON HUNTING IN SUFFOLK COUNTY PARKS
Suffolk County Department of Parks, as part of its continuing effort to provide diversified hunting opportunities for our Suffolk sportsmen, will be providing limited raccoon hunting in Suffolk County Parklands.
2019 Park Hunting Season:
February 1, 2019 - February 25, 2019 (daily)
Other dates for special field trials by special permission and permit.
Check with Administration Office, 854-4949.
Cedar Point County Park, East Hampton (852-7620)
Montauk County Park, Montauk (852-7878)
Hubbard County Park, Hampton Bays (852-8290)
Northwest Harbor County Park, East Hampton (852-7620)
Southaven County Park, Brookhaven (854-1415) (Groups only – No Kill)
Individual: - Requirements
- Green Key card
- Special use permit $35.00/Season
Group Clubs/Organization: - Requirements
- Special use permit $70.00/Season, Suffolk Based Club/Organization only; certificate of insurance (naming Suffolk County as additional insured); and a signed and notarized hold harmless agreement.
Rules and Regulations:
- The Park to be hunted must be called and notified prior to day/night of hunt (include arrival and departure times). If club or individual is unable to reach the specific park (see above for telephone numbers) the Parks Administration office should be called and notified (854-4949 - Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
- All NYS DEC rules and regulations governing the hunting and taking of raccoon apply.
- Raccoons may be taken at Cedar Point, Montauk, Hubbard and Northwest Harbor County Parks.
- Southaven County Park is available to groups only - No Take (kill) Allowed.