- Women’s Health Care Month is observed annually in May.
- It was the National Cervical Cancer Coalition (N.C.C.C.) that recognized each May as Women’s Health Month.
- The observation officially kicks off every year with National Women’s Health Week.
- The goal of the holiday is to empower women in such a way that they can make health a priority.
- It also equips women with the knowledge to help other women on their journeys to improve their health.
- With the efforts of individuals and healthcare workers, every woman can live a healthy and happy life.
5 FACTS ABOUT WOMEN’S HEALTH THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- Most women have poor health.
Nearly 13% of women over the age of 18 are in poor health.
- Obesity is a cause for worry.
Nearly 38% of American women are obese.
Two out of three Alzheimer’s patients in America are women.
- Breast cancer is common.
One out of eight women is likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer in America.
- Mental illnesses affect more women.
Women are twice as likely as men to experience depression.