Suffolk County reported the following information related to COVID-19 on August 9, 2023
According to CDC, hospital admission rates and the percentage of COVID-19 deaths among all deaths are now the primary surveillance metrics.
COVID-19 Hospitalizations for the week ending July 29, 2023
- New hospital admissions of confirmed COVID-19 patients: 143
- Percent change of hospital admissions from prior week: 27.7%
- Hospital admissions per 100k in the past week: 5
- COVID-19 hospital admissions level: LOW
Daily Hospitalization Summary for Suffolk County – From August 9, 2023
- 67 individuals were hospitalized
- 60% were hospitalized due to COVID-19 or complications of COVID-19.
- 14 were new admissions since the last report.
- 8 were discharged since the last report.
- 7 patient in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- 2 patients in the ICU and intubated.
NOTE: HOSPITALS ARE NO LONGER REPORTING DATA TO NYSDOH ON WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS.
Fatalities (Data as of 8/9/23)
- 5,020 fatalities since March 2020
- An increase of 4 since last report
COVID-19 Case Tracker – August 7, 2023
Note: As of May 11, 2023, COVID-19 Community Levels (CCLs) and COVID-19 Community Transmission Levels are no longer calculatable, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
* As of 4/4/22, HHS no longer requires entities conducting COVID testing to report negative or indeterminate antigen test results. This may impact the number and interpretation of total test results reported to the state and also impacts calculation of test percent positivity. Because of this, as of 4/5/22, test percent positivity is calculated using PCR tests only. Reporting of total new daily cases (positive results) and cases per 100k will continue to include PCR and antigen tests.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Last updated 5/12/23
Suffolk County is offering COVID vaccines and boosters to Suffolk County residents 6 months and older who are eligible. Click here for locations and times.
Medical practitioners are on-site at all times to answer questions and tend to concerns.
- If you are confined to your home and wish to receive your COVID-19 vaccination, call 311. We will take your name and you will be called to schedule your free vaccination at home.
FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
New York State Links
CDC COVID Data Tracker Rates of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 hospitalizations by vaccination status
For additional information or explanation of data, click on the links provided in throughout this page.