Skip to search box Skip to main content
Text Only Version

County News

How To Get Started

What You Need To Start

We recommend having a parent/guardian* on hand to complete this application. You will need to provide the following information:

  • Household Size
  • Household Income
  • Benefits/aide your family receives

You will also need to provide the following documents that you will be requested to upload to our Document Center once you submit your online application, or physically bring into a Drop Off Site.

  • Copy of Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Social Security Card
  • If you are 18 or older Copy of Photo ID
  • If you are under the age of 18 you will need your original Work Card/Working Papers
  • Document must also be dropped off to a referring worksite or designated Drop Off Site
  • 14 and 15 year old applicants need a blue card
  • 16 and 17 year old applicants need a green card
  • If you are not a citizen but a permanent resident, you will need to provide a copy of your Permanent Resident Card, FRONT and BACK, in place of your Birth Certificate
  • If you have a Work Authorization Card, you will need to also provide a copy of the front and back of the card

*If you currently do not live with a parent or guardian, you will have the opportunity to disclose your housing status directly to our staff to better place you in a worksite.

Categories: SYEP


Suffolk County Government

H. Lee Dennison Bldg

100 Veterans Memorial Hwy
P.O. Box 6100
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Riverhead County Center

County Road 51
Riverhead, NY 11901