Suffolk County reported the following information related to COVID-19 through 2:30 p.m. on April 23, 2020
- 73,696 COVID-19 tests have been administered
- 40.1 percent of those tested were confirmed positive for COVID-19
- 30,267 confirmed cases, up 709 from April 22
- Breakdown by town of COVID-19 cases can be found on the Suffolk County COVID-19 Map.*
- 1,340 patients are hospitalized, a decrease of 37 from April 22
- 494 of hospitalized patients are in the intensive care unit (ICU), a decrease of 5 patients from April 22
- 959 individuals have died
- 33 deaths have been reported since April 22
- 3,305 hospital beds; 779 ICU beds
- 131 additional COVID-19 patients were discharged from the hospital in the past 24 hours.
*The number of cases on the Suffolk COVID-19 map designated as “Township Not Known” represents Suffolk County residents whose addresses were not immediately available.