The purposes for which the Board is formed are as follows:
- Bring to the attention of the County Executive those issues that impact upon the African-American communities throughout the County of Suffolk.
- Seek community input on relevant issues that impact their communities.
- Improve communications between the African-American communities, government, and its residents.
- Address pertinent issues, some of which include:
-Small Business Development/Economic Development
- Encourage civic participation in the communities
The purposes of the Board shall be promoted through educational programs, conferences, committees, projects and other programs.