The purpose for which the Hispanic Advisory Board is formed are as follows:
- To improve cultural understanding between the Hispanic Community, Suffolk County Government, and Suffolk County residents.
- To promote Hispanic business development and to provide needed information to Hispanic businesses to enable them to have equal access and opportunity to contracting and procurement in Suffolk County.
- To encourage civic participation at all levels by members of the Hispanic Community.
- The Board shall not participate nor intervene or endorse in any manner whatsoever any political organization or act on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- The purposes of the Board shall be promoted through educational programs, conferences, committees, projects and other programs.
- An additional purpose shall be to discuss issues of importance and relevance to the Hispanic community and to make recommendations regarding proposed legislation to the Suffolk County Legislature and the Suffolk County Executive.