Originally named Farmingville Hills County Park, it was purchased by the county in 1992 with funding from the Suffolk County Drinking Water Protection Program. The 107 acre park officially opened to the public in May of 2010. The park features a large open area of grass where events take place as well as and 2 miles of hiking trails through mature woodlands on hilly terrain. There is parking for about a dozen vehicles.
The Farmingville Historical Society is the custodian for the 1850 One Room Greek Revival School House and the Terry House on the park property. They are located next to the Farmingville Hills County Park and across the street from the Farmingville Post Office on Horseblock Road. The Historical Society holds events and tours. For more information please contact the Society at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In April 2022 the park was renamed Thomas Muratore Park at Farmingville Hills after the late Suffolk Legislator Tom Muratore (R-Ronkonkoma).