The Suffolk County Parks welcomes visitors to our parks. To help ensure a positive experience for all park users, please adhere to all Suffolk County Parks rules and regulations:
General Park Rules
- All park visitors shall comply with a lawful instruction of a department employee and park ranger(s).
- All park visitors shall comply with the instructions contained on park signage and park policy.
- No person shall attempt to prevent employees from performing their duties by means of intimidation, physical force, or interference.
- Rule enforcement and individual park policies is at the Park Supervisor and/or Park Ranger discretion as necessary to ensure public safety and essential park operations.
Pets are allowed on a leash at most Suffolk County parks, EXCEPT where there are signs posted stating otherwise. To ensure safety for all park goers below are the general park rules:
- Pets must have proof of vaccination available upon request.
- Two pets per site are permitted on campsites.
- Pets may not be left unattended, and are not permitted in buildings, picnic or swimming areas, or where posted.
- Owners must always pick up after their pets.
- Pet must be kept on a leash at all times and under owners control. The leash can be no longer than 6 ft.
- Pets that show aggression to people or animals may be asked to leave the park.
Suffolk County Parks Department is please to offer 5 Dog Parks (please see the Dog Park page for Dog Park rules).
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).