Camping is often defined as temporarily living outdoors, but to the millions of people that love it, camping amounts to much more. It is a way to reconnect with nature, escape the grind, and spend quality time with family and friends . It is a pastime enjoyed by all types of people from the classic tent camper, to those not quite willing to give up all the comforts of home. In our Suffolk County campgrounds, campers enjoy destinations with world-class beauty - from scenic woodland vistas to Ocean front campsites. Combine that with a variety of recreational opportunities available at our campgrounds, and you're set for a rewarding experience.
Important Campground Dates:
In Season: April 1 - November 11
Off Season: November 12 - March 31
- Water is turned off during Off Season.
- All camping units must be self-contained during off season.
- Off Season designated campgrounds are Cathedral Pines and Indian Island. All other campgrounds are closed during Off Season.
NOTE: Smith Point campground closes after Halloween Weekend for Girl Scout Light Show preparations. Closure date may vary.
Click Here to Review the Campground Rules and Regulations
- No walk-up reservations.
- Reservations made after June 15 will follow the regular cancellation policy.
- Single car parking at campsites. Two vehicle parking permits will be provided. Second vehicle will be permitted to park in main parking lot with permit. (Exception Outer Beach Campgrounds, 2 vehicles are permitted per campsite with proper Outer Beach permit).
- Campsite occupancy strictly enforced to a single household residing at same address.
- No visitors permitted at campsite.
- Playgrounds are closed.
- Campers must wear a face covering and gloves when utilizing the dump station.
- Campers must practice social distancing when not at campsite and wear face covering when unable to social distance.
Please note the current COVID-19 situation is very fluid. As the situation changes our policies and availability of park activities may change. We are assessing every policy daily. We greatly appreciate your patience and hope you know we are doing our best to navigate this difficult situation.
Stay safe Suffolk!