Help Stop Fraud in Government Programs
If you believe an individual has received welfare assistance improperly, please take the time to share this information with us. All information provided is confidential. The term “welfare” includes cash assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, HEAP and child care assistance.
Examples of Welfare Fraud:
- Not reporting correct wages, bank accounts, real estate or other income
- Submitting false documents
- Not reporting individuals coming into a household or leaving a household
- Residence status
- Submitting false documents and/or claims for services
- Using someone else’s benefit card to obtain services, benefits or treatment
You should also report Provider Fraud which includes welfare abuse by Physicians, Home Care Agencies, Ambulance Companies, Nursing Homes, Child Care Providers and Pharmacists.
Examples of Provider Fraud:
- Billing for unnecessary medical services or services that were not provided
- Billing twice for the same service
- Billing services for patients who have died
- Continuing to send recipients medical supplies when no longer medically necessary
- Paying kickbacks or providing gifts and other incentives in exchange for business or referrals to a particular doctor or hospital
Due to confidentiality, we will not be able to respond directly regarding your report of suspected fraud. All reports are taken seriously and will be investigated.