To apply, please submit all required documents to:
A list of all required documents is below.
The Suffolk County Leaders in Training Program provides college students with real world experience in public service. An internship with Suffolk County provides a valuable opportunity to view the inner workings of County government as well as the ability to gain professional-level public sector experience.
A complete application comprises of the following:
Applications Due By: April 22nd, 2022
Start Date: End of May
End Date: Beginning of August
Requirements: 15 hrs per week minimum
*The start and end date of the summer program is flexible and may vary depending on the department you are placed in.
Qualifications/Area of study
The Suffolk County Leaders in Training Program is open to residents of both Suffolk and Nassau Counties. We encourage students of all areas of study to apply; our program has included students with a focus in Business Management, Media Relations, Finance, Sociology, Political science, Biology, and more.
Participating Departments Include:
- County Executive’s Office
- Community Affairs
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Community Recovery
- Department of Social Services
- Real Property Tax Service Agency
- Minority Affairs & Youth Bureau
- Economic Development & Planning
- Department of Health Services
- Department of Human Resources, Personnel and Civil Service (specifically for those interested in diversity, inclusion, human resources, organizational management, data analytics and racial equity)
This is an unpaid internship.