Ten Year Review Project Map Viewer
During the Ten Year Review of the Suffolk County Shellfish Aquaculture Lease Program, Cashin Associates, P.C. created a series of maps that reflect the public input received during the 2018-2020 outreach process.
The following information has been incorporated into the Ten Year Review Project Map Viewer:
- Public Comments and Focus Groups maps features
- Draft Alternative Shellfish Cultivation Zone layers
- Proposed Additions to the Shellfish Cultivation Zone
- Datasets from other agencies (i.e. NYSDEC, NOAA, and USGS)
Additionally, much of the information included the Interactive Lease Status Map has been incorporated into the Ten Year Review Project Map Viewer.
If you have any questions on the Ten Year Review Project Map Viewer or any of the content, please feel free to contact Thomas Ralicky, Environmental Planner via email at email@example.com.
Draft Alternative Map 7 presented at the October 7th 2020 Meeting
Draft Alternative 7-1 Shellfish Cultivation Zone Map
Draft Alternative 7-2 Shellfish Cultivation Zone Map
Draft Alternative Map 7 and Proposed Additions Map presented at September 10th 2020 Meeting
Draft Alternative 7 Shellfish Cultivation Zone Map
Draft Alternative 7 Cultivation Zone and 2009 Shellfish Cultivation Zone Compared Map
Proposed Additions to the Cultivation Zone Map
Public Comments Received: May 29th, 2020 – June 29th, 2020
- During the May 28th Ten Year Review Advisory Group Meeting, the County presented six draft alternative Shellfish Cultivation Zone maps; each of the maps illustrated potential modifications and/or new restrictions to the Shellfish Cultivation Zone. The County also presented “Possible Additions to Shellfish Cultivation Zone” map illustrating areas to potentially add to the Shellfish Cultivation Zone.
- On May 29th, 2020, the County posted the six draft alternative Shellfish Cultivation Zone maps, and the “Possible Additions to Shellfish Cultivation Zone” map and initiated a thirty day public comment period for Advisory Group Members and members of the public to review and submit comments on the same.
- Please see the links below to review the public comments that were submitted:
Areas Under Consideration for Addition to the Shellfish Cultivation Zone presented at May 28th Meeting
POSSIBLE ADDITIONS TO THE SHELLFISH CULTIVATION ZONE
PUBLIC COMMENT AND FOCUS GROUP MAPS
The draft Public Comment and Focus Group maps, which were presented at the Ten Year Review Advisory Group meeting on November 20, 2019, reflect the comments that were received during the twelve (12) public outreach meetings conducted January 2019 through June 2019.
Subsequent to the November 20th meeting of the Ten Year Review Advisory Group, the draft maps were posted online on 11-27-2019; and the public was given 30-days to submit comments and/or clarifications on the draft maps. A total of 93 people submitted comments by the close of this comment period on 12-27-2019. The additional comments can be viewed by clicking the link below.
Comments received – November 27, 2019 to December 27, 2019
The following Final Public Comment and Focus Group Maps illustrate the comments that were received during public outreach meetings that were conducted January 2019 to June 2019; as well the additional comments received between 11-27-19 to 12-27-19. These maps do not represent any final determinations regarding modifications and/or revisions to the Shellfish Cultivation Zone.