Proposed Advisory Group Survey
(Presented at the September 10th Advisory Group Meeting)
During Advisory Group Meeting #7 on September 10th 2020, participating Advisory Group Members discussed interest in seeking input from all Advisory Group Members using the Survey Monkey tool. With the intent to determine if the Advisory Group supported or opposed the following points:
- Requesting the New York State Legislature to amend the New York State Environmental Conservation Law Article 13 to allow shellfish aquaculture within the 1,000 jurisdictional buffer.
- Whether or not Suffolk County should include areas within the Shellfish Cultivation zone that were recommended for removal by the NYSDEC with a specification that the areas are presently unavailable.
On September 15th Suffolk County distributed a link to all Advisory Group Members. Requesting that all Advisory Group Members participate in a survey by September 25th; regarding the matters discussed in the two bullet points listed above. The results from this survey can be found by clicking on the link below:
Advisory Group Meeting 7 Survey Monkey Results
Proposed Changes to the Administrative Guidance Survey
(Presented at the August 20th Advisory Group Meeting)
The Proposed Changes to the Administrative Guidance which were presented at the Ten Year Review Advisory Group Meeting on August 20th 2020, express the County’s desired administrative changes to the Suffolk County Aquaculture Lease Program. Using the tool Survey Monkey, Suffolk County created an online survey asking participants how they felt regarding the specific administrative changes. A link was available on the County Website from 9/11 – 9/25 to participate in public commenting using the Survey Monkey tool.
DRAFT ALTERNATIVE SHELLFISH CULTIVATION ZONE MAPS
(Presented at the May 28th Advisory Group Meeting)
The six Draft Alternative Shellfish Cultivation Zone maps which were presented at the Ten Year Review Advisory Group Meeting on May 28th 2020 illustrate potential modifications and/or new restrictions to the Shellfish Cultivation Zone. The County also presented “Possible Additions to Shellfish Cultivation Zone” map illustrating areas to potentially add to the Shellfish Cultivation Zone. The County posted the six draft alternative Shellfish Cultivation Zone maps, and the “Possible Additions to Shellfish Cultivation Zone” map online on May 29th, 2020 and initiated a thirty day public comment period for the public to submit comments.
PUBLIC COMMENT AND FOCUS GROUP MAPS
(Presented at the November 20th 2019 Advisory Group Meeting)
The Draft Public Comment and Focus Group maps, which were presented at the Ten Year Review Advisory Group meeting on November 20th, 2019, reflect the comments that were received during the twelve (12) public outreach meetings conducted January 2019 through June 2019. The draft maps were posted online on November 27th 2019; and the public was given 30-days to submit comments and/or clarifications on the draft maps.
- Comments received – November 27, 2019 to November 30, 2019
- Comments received – December 01, 2019 to December 07, 2019
- Comments received – December 08, 2019 to December 14, 2019
- Comments received – December 15, 2019 to December 21, 2019
- Comments received – December 22, 2019 to December 27, 2019